We offer employment in our orchards at Giru (Townsville region) and Gilbert River (Georgetown region), and in our pack house at Giru.
In the orchards, we operate teams of four pickers.
In the pack house our staff sort and pack mangoes into trays and cartons, and clean equipment. Shed staff make trays and cartons, sticker mangoes, stack pallets of boxes and clean.
Experience is helpful but not essential. Your own transport will be required.
Prior to gaining employment on our sites prospective employees are to contact Harvest Trail to ensure they have assistance in completing and providing correct documentation to meet our QLD Health Management Plan for Covid-19
FREECALL: 1800 354 414
Offices at Mareeba, Atherton, Innisfail, Bowen and Cairns
Q.I.T.E Ayr Outreach office located at:
Cane Growers Burdekin, 141 Young Street, Ayr 4807
All employees must complete an Employment Application Form. Please click the link to complete and submit your application form online.
Working at Giru
For enquiries about working in our Giru orchard or pack house please contact Alfio or Josie Pappalardo by email to email@example.com.
Working at Gilbert River
For enquiries about working in our Gilbert River orchard please contact the Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to bring:
- Your Tax File No
- Your Bank Account details - BSB (6 digits), Account No (maximum 9 digits) & Branch Address
- Plate, cup, cutlery, bowl, tea towel
- Your food
- Sheets & pillow, or swag, and towel
- Enough personal items for one month
- Large water bottle, sunscreen & hat
- Tent & camping gear, if camping
- Washing powder, pegs
Accommodation and facilities are available on site:
- Bed & mattress
- Washing machines
- There is no Eftpos machine or cash on site
- There is a supermarket, general store and butcher at Georgetown, 70Km south of the property
- We do not supply any items eg Panadol